Friday, June 13, 2008

Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth. We are happy when we are growing.*

For the longest time now, amidst the social conventions, I feel like a proverbial Martian. I don't really feel the need to affirm my every action through other people. Don't get me wrong - I'm not stating that I'm infallible - but I try to play with the cards I already have, not the ones I could have if circumstances or whatever was different. And I cannot come to terms with aforementioned non-affirmation being socially penalized just for the heck of it.

I'm painfully aware that it is the misery-loves-company rule in action, but still it seems to me that something could and should be done to rectify this course of action.

*William Butler Yeats

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hola Derza Fanistori,
Beautiful and interesting blog. I believe that happiness besides the fact of growth, depends on our undestanding of the situation.
Receive my best wishes from Brazil:
Geraldo

DerzaFanistori said...

Thank you Geraldo for your kind and true words. Understanding, of course, is my goal - but I feel so down lately. That will surely pass soon and there will be again something new and interesting to understand. And, through understanding, grow. :o)

Anonymous said...

Good words.