Thursday, August 19, 2010

How do we deal with office conflict?

Mostly not very well. But there is hope. I love my job dearly. Searching for it I was steering myself by Confucius's saying:"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life" and it, pretty much, worked. I love the challenge, intellectual requirement, hype and pressure. I love how I can fully utilize my work ethics in it and how it pays off. And of course there are people working with me who do not share my enthusiasm and who involve themselves in futile misplacement of their energy. But actual problems are never ideological in nature. Ideology merely reflects in down-to-earth situations and my opinion is that they should be regarded as such since it saves a lot of grief. The problem should never be stated as "you're a lazy-ass bastard" but "This task, that I was expecting to have been done, was not done. Negotiating new guidelines is needed." This week it worked like a charm. I'm pleased, very very pleased.

No comments: