Saturday, August 14, 2010

Serendipity

What do you see in photo above? Here is how the story goes; there was me, trying to mind my own business and there was my life, being complicated and wreaking havoc, as usual. So I got to the office and logged in to my gmail inbox and went on to find something motivational to assign to my status bar and I found Louis Pasteur's quote "Chance favors the prepared mind." and I put it in my status bar and went on with my daily business. Later on I had an sms altercation with my estranged spouse, later still I discussed feminine beauty with a friend and couldn't, for the life of me, remember name of an actress I wanted to use as an example of a perfect 10. Since I could not sleep not having remembered the name I searched for it by using the only movie name that I could remember featuring her - Serendipity. When I hit "search" there were few Wikipedia results one after another and in my haste I opened the one showing not facts about 2001. romantic comedy but description of the term "serendipity" in which, few lines down in the text, there is Mr. Louis Pasteur and his famous saying:"In the fields of observation chance favors only the prepared mind." In the photo above there is my finger seconds after it was dipped in face cream while I was preparing for bed few days ago. I suppose we're all well enough prepared for this kind of discovery. Recently I started to hope my mind is prepared for more audacious discoveries. Discoveries like finding a way to assert some order and composure into emotionally tensed arrangements.

No comments: