Sunday, June 12, 2011

Back from lunch

I took some time off blog-wise because there was so much going on.
Chronologically:


I bought wonderful vacuum cleaner. That is really a big deal it being the first household investment since I was turning my flat into a home after my wedding. As you already know that marriage ended since than both psychologically and legally and buying this vacuum-cleaner had put an end to that feeling of "life on standby"

Second big thing was finally getting my things from the apartment I shared with my ex-husband. It was a process containing three years of mediation, divorce and custody hearings, decree nisi, decree absolute, not getting my clothes and books back, hiring a lawyer to assist in communication, writing lists of belongings I consider personal (e.g. "black boots with zipper, size 39, used"), crying and getting annoyed, finally getting approval to come into my apartment that I bought and shared with my ex, to take things I owned years before I met him, that I inherited from my grandmother or received as gifts from friends and loved ones. It was really stressful and nauseating but in the end I am again proud owner of black boots size 39 and Futura magazine collection.

Third big thing was my trip to my college for graduation ceremony. I drove there with my parents and my daughter and we attended most beautiful promotion ceremony ever. University dean spoke so lovely about life and honor and effort, my mother wore a dress she bought specially for the occasion, my father was so overwhelmed with pride his hands shook so much that all photos turned out blurred and I was moved to tears with everything.

All is well.

Things are moving forward.

I like that.

No comments: