Sunday, August 21, 2011

S&G muffins

As my painful back saga continues I woke up waaay too early again and decided to make myself useful by making some gourmet breakfast for the entire household. Lovely muffins pictured above are final result of this way of thinking. For muffin basis this time I used leavened dough with yeast, one that I would normally use for bread, buns or pizza crust. It was one third maize, two thirds plain white flour with linseed and sunflower seeds for extra earthiness. To once raised dough I added a bit of warm water to make it softer and salami and Gorgonzola bits. Immediately divided into muffin portions in my silicone baking 'tin' they were raised again for 15 minutes in warm oven and than baked for about 20 minutes at 200 Celsius with small pan of water in bottom of the oven to keep pastries moister. Puffed, golden and with wonderful cheese bubbling on top they were quickly devoured with homegrown vegetable salad and some fresh yogurt drink.

No comments: