Monday, February 11, 2013

Snow globe - Stronghold and Nasty @ Spunk 06Feb2013

Human mind is a glorious thing.

Some time ago my car broke down and I've gone to the shop to inquire about somebody looking into it. It was still under legal guarantee and also I can be quite civil when the need arises so I went there in good faith and with nary a worry in my mind. I spoke to sales representative, we looked over the car, done paperwork and it all went well. The only thing left for me to do was to come in early next morning and leave the keys and car to service personnel and I went home serene and pleased.

Next morning I walk into the shop at appointed time and there over the counter is the most gorgeous guy I've ever seen.

My knees felt weak. I blushed. My palms turned to ice and all of the sudden there was so little air in the room I had to breathe twice as much to get any oxygen.

He spoke and what came out was one most pleasing, reassuring, velvety, perfectly appropriate voice to go with that body.

I fumbled with the keys. Searched for the documents. Tried to get my bearings at least for the purpose of finishing simple conversation. The air was electric. Time stood still.

In a few moments we finished our dealings, smiling and shaking hands and arranging for me to be contacted immediately as the car is fixed so I could get it and go along with my day. It was a pleasant exchange and it felt shared. We went about our business.

I never saw the guy again but I kept this scene preserved inside myself as in a snow globe.

Beauty and appropriateness. Surprise. Excitement. Arousal. Velvet. Electricity of air and feeling of connection.

I told this story a thousand times already and I will tell it a million times more. I just put my hand inside me and grab my snow globe and shake and reality becomes engulfed in billion shiny sequins of pleasure and hope.

But... why am I telling it now?

There was this punk gig last Wednesday.

I've felt a bit down lately so I thought some Belgian/German downbeat hardcore could lift my spirits and there was this Nasty concert announcement. It was supposed to be at Attack! but luckily there was a shout on event page telling that the gig was moved to Spunk. So, when I'm already going to Spunk, why not have a drink with a friend at Prostor Do.

So I met my friend there and we had a beer and chatted a bit and she tells me this and that and my melancholy melts and there really is a crowd in front of Spunk and in the next minute concert is starting and we go over and....

.... and this year Christmas comes really early for me because there, center stage, stand no other than Stronghold!!!

I've listened to them in January last year as they were opening for Pure Stems Pack and I loved them, then and there. I loved them so much I even got myself to contacting strange people to procure Stronghold's only and unattainable release. I loved them so much I even made a visible note to myself to try and see them again.

And here, now, unexpected and unannounced, on the day I seriously need my spirits to be lifted, there they are!

And they were f***in' great! Although Spunk acoustics are dreadful and there is too much smoke and not enough light they were great and there were so many good-willed people there and so many true fans and mosh pit and everything. They even had new (and extremely nice looking) T-shirts. As my friend bolted immediately as they started as "this was all too loud" for her after their set I went out alone to get some air and met a friend I haven't seen in a millennium so we got to catching up a bit and later we got back in to see if Nasty are going to start soon and as it happened my friend knows Stronghold frontman so we got introduced.

... and this is why I was telling that story from the beginning:

In all this happiness and excitement and pure joy served on the day of my thorough discontent there was even icing on the cake. I could hear my sentimental and overwhelmed self inside as I was shaking guy's hand: "OMG!, OMG!, OMG! Heissocute! Heisevenmorecuteinpersonthanheisinadistance! Hishandsaresowarm! I'mneverevergoingtowashthishandeveragain,ever!"

... and this is the moment that got glassified for my new snow globe.



In the end there even was Nasty concert.

They had some problems getting here as they were waylaid by some skinheads in Bulgaria (or so I was told) and they looked seriously tired and worn out and I was moved with their presence and with their candor. Singer talked quite a bit and he spoke a lot of love and peace and goodwill and he thanked us for being there and it felt awkward and lovely at the same time. And then they played and jumped their hearts out! Well done, guys!

No comments: